95% of the businesses in Macomb County, including the Greater Romeo-Washington Area, employ fewer than 50 people each.
“Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile.” - Gary Ryan Blair
Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center is hosted by the Macomb County Department of Planning and Economic Development and provide the following free services:
- Start-up Seminars and Tax Workshops
- Confidential One-on-One Business Counseling
- Assistance Developing a Business Plan
- Problem Solving Strategies for Existing Businesses
- Cash Flow Analysis Assistance
- Research Assistance for Informed Business Decisions
- Organizational and Human Resources Assistance
- Marketing and Sales Strategies Assistance including Target Market Development
- Government Procurement and International Trade Assistance
Leadership Macomb is a non-profit organization whose nine-month program brings together leaders from numerous institutions, disciplines and geographic areas to strengthen their leadership skills, develop long-term business relationships, and obtain in depth information about Macomb County.
SCORE is a non-profit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and helping small businesses start, grow, and succeed nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and has been mentoring small business owners for more than forty years. A valuable network of 13,000+ volunteers who offer small business entrepreneurs confidential business counseling services at no charge. Local workshops and events throughout the country are offered to connect small business owners with the people and information they need to start, grow, and maintain their businesses, as well as online workshops available 24/7.